Foreign nationals can work in certain jobs in Canada without a work permit. For a comprehensive list of Canadian jobs that do not require a work permit. Even few nationals do not need a work permit to work in Canada; they still need to obtain legal entry to Canada.
Requirements for a Canadian work permit
Your eligibility to apply for a Canadian temporary work permit depends on various factors, including the location in which you apply for a work permit. ALL work permit applicants required following:
- Prove that they will leave Canada at the end of their work permit expires
- Show that they have enough money to take care of themselves and their family members during their stay in Canada
- Show that they have enough money for themselves and their family members to return home
- Have no criminal record
- Not be a danger to Canada
- Be in good health and pass a medical exam, if required
- Not plan to work for an employer on the list of ineligible employers.
- Not plan to work for an employer who offers striptease, erotic dance, escort or erotic massage services
- Not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years within the past four years
- Not be otherwise inadmissible to Canada.