Quebec Skilled Worker applicants intending to reside in the Province of Quebec are selected based upon a different set of criteria than applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada. Applicants who are successful under the Quebec Immigration selection system are issued a Quebec Selection Certificate.
To qualify for a Quebec Selection Certificate, Skilled Worker applicants must score enough points under the Quebec Immigration selection system below. A single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the specific criteria. An applicant with a spouse or common law/conjugal partner must score at least 57 points based on the specific criteria.
Points are awarded for an applicant’s area of training, work experience, age, language proficiency, prior relationship with Quebec (through visits or family), the human capital factors of the applicant’s spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and whether or not the applicant has a validated job offer in Quebec. If an individual satisfies the minimum points requirement for these factors, he or she may then gain additional points for any accompanying dependent children and proof of financial self-sufficiency. Candidates should note that a job offer is not required for the QSWP.
Quebec Immigration selection factors:
- Education: Up to 14 points (Cut off Score = 2 points)
- Area of Training: Up to 16 points
- Validated Employment Offer: Up to 10 points
- Work Experience: Up to 8 points
- Age: Up to 16 points
- Language Proficiency: Up to 22 points
- Stay and Family in Quebec: Up to 8 points
- Spouse/Common-law partner Characteristics: Up to 17 points
- Children: Up to 8 points
- Financial Self-Sufficiency: 1 point
Regular Stream Requirements
- Intend to live in Quebec
- High school graduate
- Meet minimum points criteria
- With validated job offer, quota does not apply
- French CLB7 / B2
- English IELTS General Training for bonus points
- Work Experience:
- 6 Months in last 5 years
- NOC 0, A, B, C occupations
- Remunerated full time or equivalent (30 hours)
- Apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma; both remunerated and non-remunerated are accepted.
Foreign Students in Quebec Stream Requirements
- Students who wish to enter the workforce and will not continue future studies
- Hold a valid CAQ and study permit; currently meet the condition of both.
- Study or studied the following:
- Secondary vocational program of 900 plus hours
- College studies program
- Masters or advances graduate diploma
- Doctoral program
- Time Studied:
- Minimum half of program if duration is less than 18 months or Masters, Grad Diploma, PhD
- Minimum 12 months away from competition if duration of program is 18 plus moths.