The Federal Skilled Worker program is managed by the Express Entry program from January 1, 2015.
Federal Skilled Worker program requirements:
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Canadian Federal Skilled Worker applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Have professional work experience of at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment listed in the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B) in the last 10 years.
- Meet the required level of CLB 7 in language proficiency from a designated language testing organization. (CLB7: Band Score 6 speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- A Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential AND/OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
- Have enough money to support themselves and his/her family for six months after arrival in Canada.
- Score a minimum of 67 points under the following scheme:
|Education||25 points||Years of study and diploma or degree obtained|
|Language||28 points||Level of English or French ( IELTS or TEF )|
|Experience||15 points||Years of professional work experience|
|Age||12 points||Age of the principal applicant|
|Arranged employment||10 points||If you have a valid job offer|
|Adaptability||10 points||Points for several factors that could help the applicant to adapt to Canadian life|