The Federal Skilled Worker program is managed by the Express Entry program from January 1, 2015. The Federal Skilled Trades Class (FTSC) allows individuals with job offers or appropriate certification to work in certain occupations to obtain Canadian permanent residence.
Federal Skilled Trade Class Program Requirements:
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Canadian Federal Skilled Trades applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Have obtained two years of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years
- Meet the required level of CLB5 in basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization. (CLB5: 5 for speaking and listening, 4 for reading and writing)
- Meet all the job requirements for that skill trade according to the NOC
- Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body
All NOC B level occupations will be eligible for this program. This amounts to a total of 90 eligible occupations.
A maximum of 100 applications will be accepted under any single occupation. The 90 eligible occupations fall into the following general categories:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers.