The Self Employed Class is designed towards applicants who have relevant self-employment experience as well as the intention and the ability to create their own employment and make a significant contribution to the cultural, artistic or athletic life of Canada, or to create their own employment by purchasing and managing a farm in Canada.
Requirements for Self Employed Class
- A successful applicant is one who has at least two years of experience in the period beginning five years before the date of the application and ending on the day a determination is made on the application, in self-employment in cultural activities or in athletics; participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics; or farm management experience.
- Applicant must meet the required level in basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization either French or English.
- Applicant must demonstrate a sufficient financial net worth which, should enable the applicant to be self-employed in Canada and make a significant contribution to specified economic activities in Canada and to meet the initial settlement requirements for the applicant and accompanying dependants.
Selection Factors Maximum Points Your Points As Below:
- First Official Language- 16 (English Or French)
- Second Official Language- 8 (English Or French)
- Education- 25
- Age- 10
- Experience- 35
- Business t Trip Within 5 Years- 6
- Total Points- 100
- A minimum of 35 points are required.